Friday, June 15, 2012

Summertime...

As the music teacher, one of my responsibilities is to prepare the ever-popular "end of year program".  Generally speaking, it is only the kindergarten and 5th grade classes that require such preparation.  And this year was no exception.  One of the songs that my kindergarten did is entitled "School's Out!" by John Jacobson.  I've attached a clip if you'd like to see Mr. Double Dream Hands himself demonstrate the suggested choreography for this catchy little tune.



(On a side note, I didn't actually see this demo before today, and I would like to offer some props to myself for my motions that I taught the kiddos to help me them remember the words... I actually did some of the same ones he suggested.  No, not the cheesy ones.  The cool ones.)

Flash back to today.  I was fairly certain that I just might not make it to summer vacation.  In fact, this is the part where I confess that I do not know how "the rest of the world" makes it working year 'round.  Granted, I trust that "you" are not so naive as to assume that a teacher's "normal day" is quite often much longer and more stressful than many other professions' "normal day".  (This is NOT a "I work harder than you do" kind of post, so please relax! ;) )  All that to say (or rather "shout" since I'm about to go all caps lock on this post):  I AM FINISHED!  Whoo-hoo!  Say it with me now...  Whoo-hoo!  Whoo-hoow!  Whoo... Sorry.  Got a little excited there...

Anyway.  I just am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to make it to this day.  I'm not sure what exactly caused this school year to be/seem so much more stressful than years past, but it was certainly a big'un!

My sweet hubby returned with my sweet ones last night from a quick trip to North Carolina-- Ashe's oldest brother Jay selflessly serves as a supply sergeant for the National Guard and is being deployed as I type and you  now read.  I wasn't able to go with them on this quick trip due to closing ceremonies, end of school, etc activities-- you know, as shown in that awesome video clip.  So this week I got to veg a bit.  I'm not gonna lie:  I missed my babies (all THREE of them! ;) ).  Like. Crazy.  However, I will also confess:  it was kinda nice to go to bed before 9:00 and sleep all through the night without someone coming in to wake me up to go potty.  Or even spend a little time browsing around without feeling like I was "cheating" on family time.  In fact (prepare to be impressed!), I actually went to the gym 3 days.  In a row.  Wow.  Sometimes I even amaze myself.

But here I am.  First official day of summer vacation.  And I am loving it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for summer vacation!!! :) Sounds like yours if off to a great start, too!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete