Friday, May 1, 2015

Sweet Birthday Boy



I'm officially old.  I mean, not like "97 and ready for a nursing home" old, but... well, to the point in my life where I totally get that warning I was given just a few years ago:

Be careful!  The time just flies on by you without you even knowing it.

Wow.zers.  

My sweet baby boy just turned two a couple days ago.  Where did two years... of my life-- of his life-- just go?!

Photo
This kid cracks me right up...  He was so proud of his skills.

But God is good.  My Samuel is a precious visual reminder of the reward of trusting in the divine plan of a Loving God.  And these have been good years.  Two hard, life-changing, grace-filled, good years.

We had originally planned to go back to the hospital to give cupcakes to our God-given helpers.  However, one of my sweet ones had pink eye-- and my very wise hubby suggested that perhaps taking a pink-eyed child to the ICU wasn't the most thoughtful of gestures-- even if I had cupcakes. 


  Photo        Photo    
Sweet birthday boy in his sweet birthday shirt.  Loves that Monkey!


So, instead we decided to have a fantastic family day.  Our day started with a yummy breakfast-- pancakes are my Sweet Sweet's favorite, you know.  After that, we braved Target, allowing the two big ones to select the most perfect gift for the littlest-- a drum set and a car driving steering wheel.  Pretty sure there were a couple of new balls thrown in the shopping cart, too.  I mean, what's a trip to Target without purchasing at least 7 items you don't really need?!

We grabbed the most perfect cupcake cake for my ball-loving little man:

Photo 

Being the very wise mama that I am, we saved it to share with all of his friends at church (you know, so mama didn't have 2 dozen cupcakes topped with 3 gallons of icing hanging around my house all day Saturday).  

       
Yah, he loved it.  And I let him eat an entire cupcake.  And frosting.

The day before his birthday was a bit of a celebration as mama and the two boys went on a field trip to The Virginia Living Museum.  So fantastic.  This sweet boy's eyes were so busy, watching and looking and learning.

    Photo
Love those little fingers, touching and learning.

 
What kind of a mom be if we didn't get a treat?!

 
Sweet brother wanted to make sure to get some gifts for the pink-eye sister.

 But life is good.  No, God is good.  My sweet Samuel reminds me of this.  My sweet, snuggly, spoiled-rotten gift from God.  He is the one who God hears.   May I train him to listen to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment