Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day... WHAT?!

Sooo... if you've been following... or counting... or noticing.... or even just wondering...

TODAY is the official "ONE HUNDREDTH DAY" of my journey.

Confession time:  I did really super at the beginning.  Probably about the first 50 days were completely spot on.  However, I am sad to report that I did not finish well.

Now, I could offer several valid explanations for why I fizzled:

Samuel was sick.

 See how pitiful he looks?
 *I* was sick...

My swimsuit needed... ah... retired...

We had spring break...

 
There are no words for how happy this picture makes my heart.

I kept trudging on through about day 75, and then something horrible happened [well,  horrible for me].

Remember my good buddy MyFitnessPal?  Yah, on day 75, I forgot to log in.  I lost my streak.  Now, that may not be very traumatic for you, but for a list-keeping, chart-tracking, crosser-offer-kind-of-gal... this was: the. worst. thing. ever.

 
 See how upset we are by this tragedy?!

And I pretty much just kind of shrugged it off.  But I've decided to head the wisdom of Proverbs 24:16-- 

 "A righteous man falls seven times, but rises again."

So I am getting up, brushing off my backside, lacing up my shoes, and putting my hand to that plow... again.

Ellie has the tractor all warmed up for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment