Thursday, July 24, 2014

30 Day Challenge

So.  Yah.  I love numbers.  And lists.  And (apparently) challenges.

I only have 30 days until I go back to school (*sob*), so I thought I'd make 'em count!

Originally, as I was thinking about this idea, I thought I'd come up with a list of 30 things in 30 days-- meaning, I would do 30 things for 30 minutes every day for 30 days.  (Yes, I realize there is medication for people like me).  But then I realized that my list alone would account for a minimum of 15 hours a day... that is not including transition times or potty breaks.  Soooo...  hmmm... figured if I was gonna actually get everything done on my list for all 30 days, I should probably NOT follow that route. 

So I narrowed it down to a few basic "these are really important to me" kind of topics, and this is what I've decided on for my challenge, things I will do every day for 30 days:

~30 minutes of quiet time
~30 minutes of journaling/writing
~30 minutes of swimming
~30 minutes of strength training/stretching
~30 sit-ups
~30 minutes of cleaning and/or sorting
~30 minutes of undivided time with my hubby
~30 minutes of outside time
~30 new recipes [one a day-- I'm not that cray cray]
~30 postcards [Again, one a day...]
~30 days of thanks

I'll be honest, even as I'm typing right now: part of me [a bigger chunk than probably would be considered "normal"] really desperately wants to make that list 30 items long.  But I'll resist.  Although, as an after thought, maybe I should add stifle one OCD compulsion each day... yah, I could do that longer than 30 days and keep it comin'...!

After resisting the urge to be a psycho for 30 days making my list, I talked it over with my hubby and our kiddos in a family meeting, and we decided that our family would have a list to finish our summer with purpose!  My kiddos were pumped, and after much re-directing, we narrowed our family list to three things:

1.  Perform 30 Acts of Kindness
2.  Send an Encouragement Card to 30 Missionaries
3.  Pass out 30 Gospel Tracts. 

I'm excited to see how this will help our family reach out to our community as well as how the Lord will bless.  I love the excitement of my sweet ones as they serve the Lord, and I can't wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment