Monday, February 20, 2012

My day as a stay-at-home mom





 So today we had the day off from school.  I love these days.  I get to stay home with my sweet ones.  I get to pretend that I'm one of those "stay at home" moms.  Don't get me wrong, I know that at this stage of our life, my working outside the home is what is needed for my family.  However, I am also really looking forward to the privilege of being home full-time-- if the Lord so allows.

But on to today! :)

We got up and lazed about a bit.
After a quick Wal-Mart run, my sweet hubby made a delicious brunch for our family--
french toast, sausage, and "dippy eggs".
I loved not rushing.

I decided that it would be a guh-RATE day to do some fun baking.
Soooo.. what's funner than a cheesecake?!
Um, I can't think of anything.
And, of course, it couldn't just be an "out of the box, no need for baking" kind of cheesecake.
No, it was an all day kind of cheesecake.
(Oh, and it is gooooood...)

Let's start with a delicious vanilla cookie crust...

While the first step of my marvelous cheesecake was happenin',
I thought it might be a great idea to finish juicing the rest of my oranges into some delicious orange juice. 

Into the freezer you goooooo!

My sweet ones were attempting a nap, but Daniel just wasn't interested.  He "rested" for a while, but then I just let him get up to spend some time with mama.  He took one look at the freshly washed juicer and with that impish little twinkle in his eye, says, "Mama!  Did you make some fresh orange juice?  Could I please have some?  Just a liiiiiiittle?" *sigh*  How do I resist?  (I don't!)


I love cooking.  For dinner some delicious pork chops were on the menu...
Into the crock pot they go...


What to do while we wait for dinner?  Hmmm... GYM TIME!!!

I love this picture... Daniel loved racing "too fast for a picture".
















Can you find the baby in the stroller?! :)

Cuh-RAAAAASH!  (uh, no THIS wasn't staged...)
Starting to get the sleepy eyes
My favorite part of "gym time" was just watching the energy leap around.  I am amazed and so grateful for how my sweet ones entertain each other.  They laugh and chase and giggle and fall without a care in the world. 

Time for dinner!  We washed up and got to the table.
Pork chops were tender, rice was perfect, gravy was smooth,
and green beans were juuuust crisp enough.  *sigh*  I love it.

Now.  The big finish.  Are you ready?
All the mixing and measuring and baking and waiting and chilling and washing was about to pay off.
It's cheesecake time!!!



Divine.
Thank You, Jesus, for days
when I get to just be home and make cheesecake.  
God is good to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment