Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

Just saying reading the title of this post makes me smile.  No, seriously.  As in "I just smiled and sighed in my heart" smile.  I'm hoping you have the same warm feeling in your heart right now! :)


Cream the following together in a mixing bowl:

3 sticks of room temperature unsalted butter
2 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
1 ½ c. natural peanut butter

Gradually add in 1 cup powdered sugar.

Add ½ tsp. sea salt (NOT table salt!) and 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Beat on a medium speed until oh, so very creamy and fluffy! 


I didn't have a frosting piping bag thing (though I thought I did!).  So I just scooped it all into a ziplock bag, snipped off a (SMALL!) corner and piped away.  My only warning is to fill that puppy as full as you are able before beginning to frost.  Otherwise, as you get to the end, your lovely loop-dee-loops will not be very lovely.  More like bloop-dee-bloops. 

Now, go and enjoy some of this little bit o' heaven!!!

PS... I've heard that this frosting also freezes well.  Just make sure you cover the bowl with plastic wrap BEFORE putting the lid on.  Let it thaw in the fridge when ready to use.  Also, if needed, you can give it a re-whip in the ole' mixer before frosting more cupcakes.  Granted, this whole "freezing of the frosting" presupposes that you didn't eat it all with a spoon... (No, I have NOT done that-- I'm trying to get back in shape, remember?!  Yes, the thought DID cross my mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment