Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Family Week... Part 2!

Days 15-21 
I am 20% through this 100 days.  I kinda like how that sounds!

It was a lovely week.
Once again, the Lord blessed us with...
 
 
SNOW!

Day 15, I had meetings waaaaaaaay across town, but the blessing was that I got to see one of my dear friends.  A friend who nourishes and encourages my soul so very much. And even though I was so exhausted, the Lord gave me the strength to still exercise!  

My favorite moment from this day, though, came from my Sweet Boy.  He snuggled right up to me and says in the softest and most tender of voices...

"Mama, do you know who I think is the most beautiful person in the world-- 
especially on the inside?"  

He pauses and snuggles closer.  

"You."  

Day 16 was a fun day... early dismissal.  Again.  I felt a bit like that movie "Ground Hog's Day".  But getting to head home with one of my sweet ones to the rest of the sweet ones was a treat I was happy to accept!  Daddy went over to his office to work for a bit, so it was just mama putting all 3 kiddos to bed. At the same time. I asked the "big kids" to have their prayers together and get in their beds. I cannot tell you how my heart about burst as I hear them praying together, singing some songs, and Daniel reading a Bible story. I am so blessed!

     

Day 17 was a fun, snow-filled day.  More snow angels.  More snow cream.  More snow shoveling!  I cleared this walkway, and indeed counted it as my exercise.  Trust me, I was burnin' the calories!!!

      

Day 18... Another snow day!  I actually did NOT do any form of "organized" exercise.  Meaning, I did not do any of my 30-day challenge exercises (sit-ups, lunges, squats, and push-ups), I didn't go to the gym, I didn't swim, and I didn't shovel any more snow.  But, you know what.  Sometimes it's good to let yourself just... enjoy.  The Big Kids ran around in the gym.  A lot.  Samuel enjoyed having mama move him around his various stations-- the Jump-a-Roo, floor time, tummy time, high chair, and nap time.  I baked some cupcakes, and my sweet hubby worked on some of his projects.  It was a nice, relaxing time.
Samuel demonstrating two of his favorite things: 
his tongue and his toes!

Day 19 brought the excitement of my big boy losing tooth #3!  I can't believe how quickly the time flies by me. 

 

Day 20 brought some busy times for these Gibsons.  Daddy had the monthly men's prayer and work day, so mama and the Gang headed out to Tae Kwon Do and then on to a birthday party for a friend.  We stopped and picked out some presents and then headed over to the place where children take their parents to die Chuck E. Cheese's.  My kiddos were in heaven.  And while I grudgingly admit this, it was such a great time for me to get to watch them enjoy themselves so much. (AND!  I enjoyed their lovely salad bar INSTEAD of huffin' down the pizza!)  Oh, and let me not forget to mention:  my hubby is the BEST-- he surprised me and drove the 45 minutes over to C.E.C so that I would not have to run the gauntlet all by myself.  I told you he was the best...

    

The only downside to the day was that I discovered that my beloved diamond ring has a bent prong.  I am super thankful that the Lord allowed me to notice this BEFORE the diamond fell out.  Guess I'll just have to upgrade...?!?!


 Even though I have shared my personal opinions regarding the dangers of Pinterest when it comes to crafting and being the mama {feel free to browse my opinions over here}, I still sometimes ever-so-cautiously browse for SIMPLE ideas that might make some memories with my babies.  And I did discover a lovely project that I felt confident would end in success (versus tears, screaming, and/or gnashing of teeth).  So we ended our day putting together a cute jar of "Acts of Love" that we can do during this month of February. (Um, I told you Day 20 was a busy one!)

 



Day 21 was a lovely day at the Lord's House.  One of my sweet ones (and I won't divulge which one! ;) ) had a bit of a "rough" time during his/her church classes.  But the Lord has been whispering so much to my heart about the need to extend grace and embrace moments to learn.  So we all are learning together!  I love that I have the privilege to hear my godly helpmate preach each week.  I am so honored to serve with him.  I am convicted frequently of my need to guard my heart against any form of bitterness that can also creep over into his ministry.  Again, how thankful am I that the Lord is still workin' on me?!

 

I love how I am feeling stronger each day.  I love the time that I have to reflect on God's goodness and strength.  I love that feeling of going under that water as I swim.  There is something so therapeutic about going down, down, down under the water.  Down to silence, down from dirty dishes, down away from my fears and troubles.  And then that thrill of a burst of air as I come up out of the water, back to my world.  And then, down again.  I remember back to when I was recovering from my surgeries last summer, and all I could think about was getting back in the water.  I longed for that escape of the water washing over me.  I love how the Lord reminds me that when I pant for the Brook, He lets me jump right in... right into Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment