Monday, February 10, 2014

Back to life!

Days 22-28

        Five. days. of. school.

                       Whew...

             I wasn't sure that I would make it!  But make it, we did!

Sadly, the sickies came for a visit, so there were a couple of days that I didn't make it out to the gym, but I have recently signed up for MyFitnessPal, and I really like that program!  It makes me realize juuuust how much one can consume... and how much it can "cost". 

I started my week off right:  I made it to the gym first thing in the morning, BEFORE school and the blessings that are mine throughout each crazy day.  I really do love when I get to work out first thing-- I feel like my day is much more successful and energized.  Something ELSE that I find to be helpful... starting my day with the Lord!  It is such a blessing to have the quiet of the morning, just me and Jesus. 

Sadly, I had a couple of mornings where I was cranky and irritable 
                                                                                to those that I love most...  

 
My Sweet Boy is so diligent as he works on his homework each evening 
on our drive home from school.  I can't get over how smart his brain is.  


 
I love sweet, little girl fingers...

 
"Yah, I've got a 'big boy cup'... 'cause I'm cool like that..."

Yet, I am humbly reminded of grace.  Through the hearts of my sweet ones.  How incredible it is to me when, after being a bit more "intense" that I would like, those precious souls just snuggle up to me and say things like:

"I'm so glad YOU are MY mama."

"You are the BEST.  I can't believe Jesus gave me to you."

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't listening, mama."



An all-too-common sight in the Gibson house:
SECRET HIDEOUT!

 


 
Future Hallmark Card designer
(and, most of these are hand-delivered to Mama) 

Samuel L-O-V-E-S to wrestle with this stuffed duck!

I did have a victory in that I lost 3 pounds since my past check-in.  As I mentioned earlier, I really like MyFitnessPal.  I like that it keeps me on track and puts things in perspective.  Day 28 (Sunday) I was mostly inside because of icky congestion, but I really wanted to have Chinese take-out for dinner, so (thanks to my over-zealous tracking of MFP) I knew I needed to "bank" some calories.  Sooo... I dug out an in-home walking DVD that I've done many times before (and I really enjoy!) and went to town. Walkin' it on out with Leslie!

   Leslie Sansone's Walk the Walk - Firm Walk

So I keep pluggin' away.  I keep lookin' forward and lookin' up. This stint of my 100 days isn't necessarily my most favorite chunk of days.  

But, praise the Lord, His mercies are new morning after morning after morning.  

I am looking forward with expectant hope to having more spiritual victories to report next week! 

I pray that I will keep my heart fixed on eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment