Thursday, February 20, 2014

Just keep swimming...

              ... just keep swimming!

That's been my mantra this week.  And swim, I have!  As I've shared before, I do love the water.  I love the solitude (even when the guy in the lane next to me is "racing" me...).  I am thankful for my sweet hubby who "sends" me each day!

Days 29-35

Day 29...

When I came home from school, my sweet Ellie greeted me with elation and love-- as is her usual custom.  While I don't always love working outside of my home, the blessing of this greeting day after day after day is such a precious gift.  But today in addition to the regular greeting, she added, "Mama!  I have a surprise for you!"  Shamefully, I have to share that while my heart was ready and desirous of accepting this surprise, my schedule driven, task-oriented nature brushed it aside, and instead went into "operation recovery: mama is home from school" mode.  It wasn't until much later, as I finally headed to bed that I discovered the precious "surprise" that my little princess had so lovingly crafted for me:

Do you notice the "E" for Ellie and the "M" for Mama?

It literally made me weep.  I am so ashamed that I did not take the brief moment to stop from the hustle and bustle of my life to drink in the innocence of this sweet child that I get to call "mine".  Even as I sit here and look at this picture, I am moved to tears by the giving nature of this little girl.  Isn't it wonderful how the Lord uses the littles to teach the bigs?


Day 30...

It is amazing how time flies by.  It is amazing the things the sweet ones can learn and do.  My current favorite thing is listening to my sweet Daniel read God's Word-- especially to his brother and sister.  Daniel has taken on the responsibility of reading their Bible lesson each night before bedtime.  I cling to that encouragement-- especially during the moments of struggle and instruction.

http://img1.imagesbn.com/p/9781575840338_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

Day 31...

Ugh... it was: a day.  And, yet.  Oh, and yet... I am blessed more than I could ever deserve.  As I was "strongly encouraging" my sweet ones to clean up their toys, Ellie Rose pipes up, "Thank you,  Mama, for all the work you do for us!"  [shot through the heart, conviction!]  

Day 32...

Sweet Samuel's 9 month well-baby check up was supposed to be a couple weeks ago-- you know when we had those 374 snow days?  Well, today was finally the day.  And I am proud to report that my 5-weeks early preemie has blossomed into the 97% for his height (and that would be the 97% for his BIRTH age-- not his "adjusted age"!) and his weight is still off the charts, but not as much as it was.  Hey, we grow 'em big, and they like to eat.  Don't judge me.  Again, it was a great family time, since we all trudged down (over an hour from home-- what can I say: we love our pediatrician!) and back.  But my sweet hubby is the best, and the time with kiddos is always precious.

 
He's come a long way from this early check-up... 
though I no longer can visit without remembering him as this tiny, little fighter!  
God is so good...


Day 33...

Valentine's day... I am blessed to have a godly sweetheart who loves me unconditionally as Christ loves the church.  And add to that, I now have three little sweet ones who call me "mama".  One of my most favorite names in all the world. I had a sweet breakfast with my Daniel; we shared some Munchkins with his teacher (you know, because she takes care of *MY* munchkin!); Ellie and mama got roses from my daddy; Samuel was a snuggle monster; I made a sweet treat for all of my sweets for dinner.  What a wonderful day...  *sigh in my heart happy*


Day 34...

GIRLS' DAY!!!

My sweet Ellie sometimes feels a little left out by mama-- Daniel gets to ride to and from school with me each day; Samuel is the baby and, obviously, gets the "baby normal" amount of attention.  Sooo... I try to work in some special time for her to have me all to herself.  And the joy, gratitude, and elation from my sweet princess is so rewarding and renewing for my soul. 

We started with a milkshake from Chick-fil-A.  Well, ELLIE had a milkshake-- mama had a Coke Zero [feel free to insert massive praise riiiiiiight about.... here].  We then headed over to get our toes done.  Ellie also enjoyed having her sweet little nails painted, too.  After that, it was lunch at our favorite restaurant-- an authentic little Italian place where the service it great, the food is divine, and the price isn't too bad either!  I will take this moment to brag:  we started with a salad, and then I only had ONE slice of that delicious pizza.  And, you know what?  That was really all that I wanted!  I guess that's what the grown folk call: progress!

    

      


Day 35...

Today was a bittersweet day.  We had a "See you later!" fellowship time after church for a dear family that is moving away.  I am sad for our loss in our local church family, but how I rejoice in the hope that we have in knowing our bond is eternal through the blood and gift of Christ!

Since we didn't have an evening service, we decided to make the most of it and have some family fun!  Daniel was desperately in need of new shoes, but he has whacky feet and can't wear just any shoes from any store (read that as: Wal-Mart).  And as one who has really sensitive feet, I happily oblige and get those "special shoes" for him!

 
SUCCESS!
(And they even light up, too!  It's a win-win for everyone! ;) )

We stumbled upon this home-cookin' kind of establishment.  And it was sooooo good.  I even had the fried catfish.  Did you read that right?  Fried. Catfish.  Don't worry.  I swam later.  A lot.  Oh, boy was it worth it.  Mmmmm.... so yummy.  My sweet hubby presented the suggestion that we make this little joint our "no Sunday evening service" tradition.  I'm game!!!

  
My fried Catfish.  Please notice that it didn't even all fit in the photo. 
Thaaaaa's what I'm talking 'bout!

Do you know why our faces are so happy?!
(See previous photo)

 

 


This was certainly a busy week, but I am once again grateful for the Lord's provision and grace.  How humbled I am that when I fail, the Lord never turns away saying, "Nope.  I've given you enough chances.  Sorry about your luck!  You wanted to do it your way, so have at it..." 

No, my gracious Abba Daddy picks me up, dusts me off, and wipes away my self-inflicted tears.  He fills my cup, presses it down, and lets it overflow.  Again and again.  And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment