Wednesday, February 26, 2014

No time to weep...

I don't really love doing laundry.  However, up until very recently, I do really love my washing machine.  It's a schnazzy front loader, compete with a delayed start option, as well as a variety of settings-- from a quick wash to delicates to even a hand wash option.  Like I said: schnazzy!

And yet.

Oh, yet.  There is some "glitch" with my miracle machine.  For whatever reason, my beloved machine will randomly pause itself... until I discover this break in the cycle and have to press "start" to resume the wash.  Yah, kinda annoying.  Wanna know how many times I had to "reboot" my washer this weekend?  (You probably really don't...)

Seven.  SEVEN times.  For one load.  S...E...V...E...N...   It literally took all day for me to do one load of laundry.

And that really made me want to cry.  I mean, I have three wee ones, plus my hubby and I.  That's a substantial amount of laundry to get done.  But since I still had 379 loads of laundry to finish (and banking on this machine's current track record means I should be finished... um, well... never),  instead of sitting down and sobbing in frustration, I just took a deep breath and pushed that blessed "start" button.  Again.  Because, you know... I didn't really have time to spare to sit and weep-- no matter how desperately I longed to do so.

And do you know what happened next?  My sweet girl wanders right into the laundry room, snuggles up to me and said, "Man, I am so glad you're my mama.  You are THE BEST!"  *snuggle-snuggle*

 

And then do you know what happened?  My sweet Daniel walks in and announces, "I just put away all the dishes out of the dishwasher AND reloaded it."

 

What a sweet reminder from the Lord of just how blessed I truly am.  I often get so busy with my busyness that I forget to stop and remember "they that WAIT upon the Lord..." and I am to "let patience have its perfect work".  If I hadn't spent all that time pushing the button, I might have missed these tender souls, ministering to me.  Perhaps the Lord wanted to teach me about this slowing down, by means of that blessed washing machine.

And I really did learn:  there is no time to weep.  I have too much to be thankful for as I journey on my way.  Why would I waste even a moment weeping?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment