Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mini Vay-cay #1

So now that school is out, the visiting of family has commenced.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, my sweet hubby Ashe took my sweet kiddos Daniel and Ellie to North Carolina for a quick visit the week before I was finished with school.  They had a great time visiting Nana, Uncle Jay, Auntie Sybil and all the others-- all the while NOT taking naps, NOT going to bed on time, and probably NOT missing me at all! ;)

But now it was my turn. We packed in on up and head down to Country Roads... (feel free to sing along) take me home... to the place... where I belong.... WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!!  Whoo-hoo!!!!!! 

The drive was lovely.  I have a sweet story to tell you about my sweet Daniel, but that will come at another time.  (Warning:  grab a tissue...!)

I have the privilege of serving on the Ladies Auxiliary of Appalachian Bible College in Bradley, West Virginia.  I'm the membership gal.  It's actually a great ministry.  As a quick promo:  if you are ever able to attend ANY of the conferences/luncheons/events that are put on by the Auxiliary, do it!  Your heart will be blessed, and your walk with the Lord will deepen. 

So last week was the WV trip for the annual Ladies' Conference.  Our speaker was Dr. George Purdom from the Answers in Genesis ministry.  She had so many wonderful lessons about the importance and fundamental groundwork of the Word of God-- in every aspect of life.  Wanna listen to the sessions on CD?  Feel free to call, click, or print your request, and they (we! :) ) will get them right out to you!  Great stuff.

While I was being blessed and challenged, my children were also being blessed and challenged!  They had the wonderful excitement of going to day camp at "Auntie Bek-Bek's school"-- also known as Kids of Harmony with Ms. Christy (whom they a-DORE!), Ms. Courtney (another crowd favorite!), and of course:  Auntie Bek-Bek.  They had a great time learning about how the Lord wants to transform us-- from the inside out!  (I'm still humming that little theme song! "Totally Transformed")  But in the afternoons, I was a super cool mom.  Instead of having them take their usual afternoon nap, I instead took and/or sent them to the pool.  Yah, I'm pretty much a rock star in their world.

Watch this, Mom!
SPUH-LASH!!!




Diving for "water rockets"


The spoils of war! :)



Needless to say, they had an awesome time.  In fact, there were two puh-retty disappointed kiddos strapped in the mini-van come Saturday afternoon!  But they were appeased (somewhat) with the news that we would return again (for Mini Vay-cay #2!) in just another week or so. 

I think perhaps the highlight of my week came Saturday morning.  My sweet Daniel says to me, "Mama, I'm having a really great time with Grampy.  But I can't wait 'til I get to spend time with just you."  Melt. My. Heart.  God is so good!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic time, Leah! Always nice to visit family and your little Daniel sounds like such a sweetheart! <3

    ReplyDelete